Thursday, May 15, 2014

Throw Back Thursday: what, These Old Things?

So, long long ago in a land far far away (ok, Jan '02 Paris) me mum and meself landed in the morning, parked the bags at the hotel and hit the streets.  Around 7 pm (yes, still hitting the streets) we went shopping at Colette.  I was trying on these beauties (because that's what I do) and lo and behold Karl Lagerfeld walked in!  I was jet lagged and slightly out of my mind and told my mom to NOT let me run up to him and take a picture.  So she didn't.  So I don't have proof of this story.  So you just have to take my word and besides I'm pretty sure me mum will back me up.


Because good things happen when you are doing what you were born to do.  

5 comments:

  1. Is it just my impression, or is Jack never as enthusiastic about your shoes as he ought to be?

    Is young Karl as terrifying in person as in photos, or was that back when he had less botox and more cuddly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually he wanted to eat them.

      Karl had just lost all that weight. He look terrifying. That's why I stayed put!

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes, this happened. And when we went back to pick them up, they needed a little nip and tuck, we lost each other. How to be terrified on the Rue St. Honore or wherever it was? Think you'll never see your little chickadee again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just remembering that! Life before cellphones on a jaunt across the pond!

      Delete
    2. And then we went out for a great dinner. Typical.

      Delete